However innocuous and mundane things may at first appear, There’s nothing in this world that isn’t interesting, absolutely everything has a story to tell, even the humble crack in the pavement.
“But it’s just a crack !!”, I hear you cry.
The answer is simple, it’s only as dull or as interesting as you make it.
Maybe you first have to open your eyes to the possibility of it being more than “just” anything.
And whatever you find, start by asking yourself a few basic questions, the five Ws: who, what, when, where, why?
- Who walks on it?
- What is in the crack?
- When did it happen?
- Where is this crack?
- Why is this crack even there?
One miserable February afternoon at Potsdamer Platz . . .
- Fotomarathon, Berlin 2016
- Urban Photo Race, Berlin 2017
- Micro Location: Graffiti
- The Crack In The Pavement
- Satan’s Pile
- Heroes, some remembered, most forgotten
- Waldmeister ist Retro
- Altstadt Spandau U-Bahn station
- Concrete, where architecture meets climate change
- That industrial look
- City glass, a very public gallery
- The Hauptbahnhof, a monument to success
© 2021 - Andrew James Kirkwood
Comments & Feedback
For a better user experience when commenting etc. please feel free to register here: